FIELD NOTES - FRONT PAGE
People frequently asked us to make a Reporter’s Notebook and one person in particular was adamant about it. So we did. Our Summer 2016 "Byline" limited Edition was apparently exactly what people had hoped for. It was an instant classic, and quickly sold out. Then even more people wrote to ask us to make more Reporter’s Notebooks. So we did. They’re called “Front Page” and are now a permanent part of our line.
For our 2019 printing of “Front Page” we have freshened things up and made a few changes. The cover is a heavier 130#DTC Neenah stock, in a dark “Wrought Iron” gray, with metallic silver ink. The innards are the same Cougar 70# text paper as always, but this time in a bright white with light gray college-ruled lines. The Double-O-Binding is black rather than silver. It looks and feel great.
The basic specifications remain unchanged, it’s sized perfectly for your hands, easy to write in with one hand while holding it with the other. The cover protects the wire binding, so it doesn’t get caught on fabric or stuff in your backpack. It’s college-ruled for optimal page economy. The diameter of the binding and the die-cut holes that the binding passes through are optimized for maximum “flippability.” And the handy pocket in the back cover makes for a thicker, more stable hand-held writing surface, and also gives you a place to stash a shred of evidence or a receipt for the cocktails you bought to ply a reluctant witness.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDoc Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Neenah Environment 130#DTC “Wrought Iron” with a double-hit of “Hot Metal Silver” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Innards: Cougar 70#T “White” vellum ruled with “Gray Lady” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40” 6-color printing press.
- Bound with bombproof Renz “Double-O” Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
- Corners rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) by a Challenge SCM round-corner machine.
- College Ruled Lines: 9/32" (7.1 mm). 70 Pages.
- Notebook dimensions: 3–3/4"× 8-1/4" (95mm x 210mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.