FIELD NOTES - RULED PAPER
To make a long story short. When Aaron Draplin made the very first Field Notes by hand, as a holiday gift for friends, they looked pretty much like these notebooks. When we started the company we had only one product, a 3-Pack of Kraft Memo Books with graph paper inside. And we expect, we’ll always have those as the heart of our product line.
Our original 48-page notebooks are available in three variations – graph, ruled, or plain paper – or as a mixed 3-pack that includes one of each paper type. Each Original Kraft memo book measures 3-1/2" wide by 5-1/2" tall and is bound by a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C “Packing Brown Wrap,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Saphira ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.