THE NEW YORK TIMES 36 HOURS - USA & CANADA
To travel in North America is to face a delicious quandary: over these vast spaces with so many riches, from glittering cities to eccentric small towns and heart-stoppingly beautiful mountains and plains, how to experience as much as possible in limited time? The New York Times has the answer, offering up dream weekends with practical itineraries in its popular weekly 36 Hours column for over a decade.
In this fully revised and updated second edition, TASCHEN presents the column’s best 36 hour itineraries across the USA and Canada. You’ll find marquee metropolises like New York, Montreal, and Los Angeles; world-famous natural wonders at Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon; the hidden charm of Rust Belt cities like Duluth and Detroit, as well as 29 new destinations not published in the first edition, including Banff, with its crystal blue glacier-fed lakes, and El Paso, where the border culture spans two states and two countries.
- 150 North American destinations, from metropolitan hot spots to unexpected hideaways
- Practical recommendations for over 600 restaurants and 450 hotels
- Color-coded tabs and ribbons to bookmark your favorite cities in each region
- Nearly 1,000 photos
- All stories have been updated and adapted by Barbara Ireland, a veteran Times travel editor
- Illustrations by Olimpia Zagnoli of Milan, Italy
- Easy-to-reference indexes
- Detailed city-by-city maps that pinpoint every stop on your itinerary
Flexicover, clothbound, with ribbon bookmarks and thumb index, 6.6 x 9.4 in., 744 pages