THE PARIS REVIEW - NO. 222 FALL 2017
Maxine Groffsky on the Art of Editing: “At that time, young women were hired as secretaries or copy editors but were not promoted to editor.” Dany Laferrière on the Art of Fiction: “For me, writers are what the priest has been throughout history, this person we pay to talk about spirituality.” And a conversation between Malcolm Gladwell and Michael Lewis.
New fiction by Ann Beattie, Antonio Di Benedetto, Isabella Hammad, and Sigrid Nunez.
Poems by Peter Gizzi, Patrick Mackie, Ange Mlinko, D. Nurkse, Ezra Pound, Jana Prikryl, Philip Schultz, Frederick Seidel, and Donna Stonecipher.
Nonfiction by David Sedaris; and a portfolio of Duncan Hannah’s diaries.
- Ann Beattie - RuckersVille
- Antonio Di Benedetto - Ace
- Isabella Hammad - Mr. Can'aan
- Sigrid Nunez - The Blind
- Malcolm Gladwell & Michael Lewis - Storytelling: An Exchange
- Maxine Groffsky - The Art of editing No.3
- Dany Laferriere - The art of fiction No.237
- Peter Gizzi - Speech acts for a dying world
- Patrick Mackie - Couples in the death of winter
- Patrick Mackie - A set of limericks with a coda for John Ashbery
- Ange Mlinko - Amor ("Farai Un Vers De Dreyt Nien")
- Ange Mlinko - Barding
- D. Nurkse - Irun
- Ezra Pound - "Hast thou 2 loaves of bread..."
And much more.....