Whether you’re starting at the Canadian border and thru-hiking the 3,100-mile Continental Divide Trail, trekking from Glacier National Park in Montana to the Big Hatchet Mountains of New Mexico, or just taking an evening stroll through a local park, we hope you will find this edition a useful companion.
Sturdy forest-green linen covers with an surround 48 , and they’re bound together with . As we’ve seen with previous releases, the linen covers are quite durable and they age beautifully. Each of the books features one of : The Pacific Crest, Continental Divide, and the mighty Appalachian.
In addition, a flyleaf is filled with facts, tips, and a “General Guide to Life on the Trail.” Emerson wrote that “life is a journey, not a destination.” Remember, on the trail and in life, it’s not where you end up, it’s how you get there.
- Proudly printed by the good people of Lake County Press, Inc., Waukegan, Ill.
- Cover: Neenah Royal Sundance Linen 80#C “Emerald Green,” with thick, brute-force applications of “Opaque White” soy-based Toyo UV ink and Crown 81285 matte foil.
- Flysheet: Neenah Environment 70#T “Grocer Kraft” with a fine application of “Opaque White” and “Forest Green” soy-based Toyo inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Vanilla,” with a fine application of “Blaze Orange” and “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Toyo inks.
- Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color UV printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer and Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- UPC: 850032279000